Thursday 28 January 2016

Focus Group

After doing a questionnaire I decided to ask questions to three of my friends face to face to get more in depth responses. I asked Rebecca, Matilda and Emma the questions from my questionnaire and this is what they said 



1-What should I call my magazine?

  • Duson (sound in French)
  • Official
  • Unico (Unique in Italian)
Rebecca: I like Duson and Unico as they are different and unique, however i prefer Duson as it sounds and is music related.
Matilda: I think Offical would make it sound more more high end and well known but i do agree with Rebecca that Duson is music related.
Emma: Duson 100%, I think it will contribute to the magazine's whole persona.


2- How often should I produce my magazine?

  • Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Yearly
Emma: I think monthly.
Matilda: Definitely monthly, yearly will not be enough and weekly will be too much.
Rebecca: I agree with Emma and Matilda.

3- What should my colour scheme consist of?


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Matilda: 5 or 4 as they contain the most girly and involved colours of the genre.
Emma: 4 or 2 as I like the tones of pinks in 2 and the range of colours in 4.
Rebecca: 5 definitely the colours all compliment one another and fit the theme and genre.

4- Would you like the magazine to include up and coming albums/singles/concerts?

  • Yes
  • No
Emma: Yes is the only answers to that question, I don't think you should even need to option no.
Rebecca: Yes, as it will keep the magazine up to date and appealing to audiences.
Matilda: Yes, I agree with both of the girls and also it's what you mainly buy the magazine for.

5- How much should my magazine cost?

  • £3.00
  • £3.99
  • £4.50
Matilda: £3.99 as it is in the middle.
Emma: I'd say £4.50 as then you make a lot more profit of which you can put into the production of the magazine.
Rebecca: I agree with Matilda £3.99

6- Would you like the magazine to include competitions?
  • Yes
  • No
Emma: Yeah defneitly I think this will make the magazine active.
Rebecca: Yes as it is a good way to engage readers.
Matilda: No as I think as you're aiming towards an older target audience competitions aren't as much of a want.

7- Would you like the magazine to consist of just female singers, just male singers or both?

  • Just Female
  • Just Male
  • Both
Matilda: I think both as it widens your target audience and makes it an all around gender magazine.
Rebecca: I think both as well as limiting it to just one gender may mean a loss of interest.
Emma: I think just female as then you can base the magazine around just them and your audience will become easier to understand and direct the magazine towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment