Friday 29 January 2016

Front Cover and Double Page Spread Model.

I met with my model who would be based as my main image on the cover and also the model who I use for the double page spread. I experimented with different styles of makeup to see which one I thought was best for my front cover.
For the first look I cleansed and moisturised my models face, I then applied a foundation one tone above her skin colour to not make her features lost with the light from the flash. I then applied  thin layer of the foundation, and ensured it was all blended. I then used a 'Freedom' contour stick to define the models features, applying the dark end to her cheekbones, jawline and hairline. I then used the light end to brighten her under eyes and side of eyes, her forehead and cheeks. Once applied I then used 'Revlon non grease spray' and blended the contour in using a beauty blender. After I used a fan brush to apply bronzer to the model's cheekbones to define them, I then used a studded brush to define her jawline and hairline. After I used a highlighting brush to apply a glow to below her eye and around the side. I then used a darker pink eyeshadow across the crease of the eye, and then a lighter pink across the lid and a white in the corner, I used a black eyeliner to create a flick then blended it to be lighter. The model's hair was then placed half up half down.
For the actual shoot i plan to have my model with a slicked back ponytail and to be wearing a black backless bodycon dress with a fluffy bottom. 









For the second look I used a lighter foundation and then repeated the same process and a lighter pink/nude eyeshadow with some gold and white shimmer. 






I also used darker eyeshadows to allow me to see what she would look like in a deeper effect of makeup, and a whole new look being indie and grunge.




I then experimented with different styles for her persona 
The first look is more grungy and indie rock.




The second look is sophisticated yet girly and classy


No comments:

Post a Comment